Slider

HELLO AGAIN

The Under £10 Hot Pink Matte Lip Edit

Monday 8 September 2014




When I'm in the mood for a statement lip, there's only usually one colour I find myself reaching for - Hot Pink. I don't know if it's the barbie lover in me or the fact that I'm often a little afraid of wearing a traditional red lip, but there's something about pink that keeps me coming back.

I wanted to share with you 3 different products that all may be similar in colour but are all different in price and formula.

At £6.00,The NYX Matte Lipstick is the perfect hot pink traditional drugstore pick. It glides on easily and provides an even finish. Although this product doesn't dry out the lips, I would recommend exfoliating your lips before wearing matte shades as if you have any dry patches, you may find they show up more prominently as the day goes on.

At 3.00 the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer is the cheapest of the bunch, and offers great value for money. It has a doe foot applicator, and applies like a gloss. The product feels velvety soft when applied, However, the downside is with this product, it takes quite a good few minutes to dry and become matte. If you're looking for a starter bright pink lipstick, then the drying time may be worth waiting for as at £3.00 this is a bargain and worth adding to your collection.

At £8.99 The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick is remarkably the most expensive of the three. What I love about the rouge edition velvet line is how easy they are to apply, the fact that they are incredibly long lasting and how they fade evenly and naturally without leaving the dreaded dark line on the outside of the lips. Pink Pong is remarkably similar to the Criminal MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquer, but 3x the price. I find the Bourjois Pink Pong lipstick has a longer staying power and a slightly deeper colour.

3 matte lips, 3 different formulas and 3 different prices... which would you choose? Let me know in the comments...
Em xxx

8 comments:

  1. I have that shade of the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet and I love it, it's a really lovely unusual bright pink shade. Sadly I didn't really get along with the MUA version :/

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous shades! Barbie would be jealous! I wasn't so keen on the MUA laquers at first but I have grew to love them <3

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The MUA one looks gorgeous, I love the colour so much!
    Maddy, xo // UNSTITCHEDD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to pick up a few of the MUA ones, at that price you can't go wrong!

    Megan xo
    Thumbelina Lillie | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been dying the try the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets for a while now, this shade is super pretty.

    Amelia Rose | Beauty Blogger


    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried the MUA ones and could not get them to work on me at all, but the Bourjois ones are my favourites, I have a couple but my favourite is Nude-ist which is super pretty and would look good on pretty much all skintones :)

    http://xxchloescloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete